Thursday, August 25, 2011

Recovering my chairs

 The chairs to my kitchen table have fabric covered seats which can be fun because I get to recover them as often as I want! My newest choice was actually a table cloth that I loved and cut to fit my chairs.   I knew the minute I picked it out that these were going to stain easily because I have kids and there is a lot of WHITE on the print. My solution to the problem felt a little ghetto, but I couldn't think of a better option. I put a clear vinyl over them so they could easily be wiped off.
Now I'm realizing that was pure genius.
You would never know that Delaney spilled spaghetti sauce ALL OVER this chair 2 weeks ago or that Crew climbed up on this chair with chocolate pudding hands.
Call it ghetto, call it genius, call it what you want, but it is working and I LOVE it!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE IT!!! Maybe I will pay you to finish recovering my chairs :) I have one out of 4 done. LOL

    BTW: I LOVE the fabric, I have 2 of those table cloths, they are oh so classy :)

    Great Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. totally loving it Lindsay!!! They look great!

    ReplyDelete