Thursday, August 18, 2011

Anniversary Weekend!




I'm playing catch up here, so we'll start with our anniversary weekend!! Trent and I celebrated our 9 year anniversary in May. My parents were wonderful and took our kids for the whole weekend. We had discussed going out of town, staying in a hotel and discovering a new city, but after spending a whopping $1600 to fix our PIECE of a car the month before, we opted for a STAY-CATION. We figured we could spend a ton of the money we saved up for this weekend on STUFF instead of gas money and a hotel room. I am so glad we did.
IT
            WAS
                                 A
                                                   BLAST!
On Friday we headed to the LEGENDS outdoor mall and went to the best furniture store EVER: Nebraska Furniture Mart. We found the craziest deal on a 50" plasma t.v which is now nicely mounted on our living room wall.  We had so much fun walking around the shops, eating at a steakhouse, and going to the T-Bones Baseball game.

Someone forgot to give us the memo however, that it was Star Wars night at the game:








Had I known, I just might have tried to squeeze in this little number:



















The game was a blast and at 10pm when it was over, we decided to go to a late movie because how often do we get to stay out ALL NIGHT?











Saturday we went to the gym then spent the ENTIRE day shopping. Usually this is no fun for my husband, but we worked hard saving up money for this so we were able to do something we almost NEVER do: SHOP FOR OURSELVES!! I felt like I was in the movie "Pretty Woman."  The two of us had so much fun.

We had dinner reservations that night at Garozzo's- a restaurant downtown that we'd never been to before but had been highly recommended by some co-workers. It is now on my top 5 list.  The appetizers, the salads, and the entrees were all to die for!

We ended the night with another movie and made brunch the next morning before we picked up the kids.

I feel so blessed to be married to my very best friend! We could just talk and talk for hours on end and this weekend actually allowed us to do just that! Thank you mom and dad for taking such good care of our three little pigs!

No comments:

Post a Comment