Trent and I had been planning the trip to San Diego for Cart's wedding for months. As it drew closer and closer, he kept dropping hints that he was stressed about going. He was preparing for a big trial scheduled for the week after the wedding and he was swamped with work. Right before the trip I decided to cancel his flight. There was no way he was going to have fun if he was that stressed out.
That's when my "couples weekend" became a "girls weekend". My friend Angela has a fabulous husband who agreed to watch her 20-month old and 5 week old so she could get some time on the beach! We had a blast!!
First and foremost, Cart's wedding was perfect. I'd show pictures, but since I was IN the wedding, I didn't take any... here are the ones Angela took:
 |
| Me & Ang |
 |
| Head Table |
After all the wedding festivities we spent the weekend laying out at the pool reading magazines, eating some amazing food:
 |
Fish tacos at Rubios
|
 |
| Coconut French Toast at Isabel's Cantina |
 |
Pork Tacos at Carnita Snack Shack
|
 |
Giant pancakes at Hash House
|
 |
Red Velvet Cupcake at Sprinkles
|
We took our time getting ready each morning, laid on the beach,
and spent time catching up with some great friends that live in the area:
It was the most relaxing, perfect girl's weekend! Thanks for the memories Angela!!
No comments:
Post a Comment