Friday, October 26, 2012

My Best Friend's Wedding

McCarten Delaney has been my best friend for 16 years. I still remember the day we met our sophomore year of high school. We were inseparable then. Technically I named my first child after her.  She was in my wedding,  and in September I got to be in hers. 

She sent an email to her bridesmaids introducing us to each other and what she said about me made me cry:


"Lindsay- Lou Lou, the first friend I ever had that showed me what it meant to have faith, love, and be positive- even when things got tough. These were hard qualities to find in someone in high school. Lindsay was liked by everyone, made us all laugh and most importantly was always true to herself. Lindsay never judged me or any of our friends when we made bad decisions and she stood on the sidelines. We all know I have a potty mouth and I try to be good when I am talking to her but even if I slip she just smiles and hugs me as if I didn't say anything bad at all. I love the way she was always there to listen and support but the reason I love Lindsay the most is she is FUNNY and a BLAST to be around. Lindsay and I have maintained (her better then me) our friendship over the years and she has become an amazing Mom of 3 and is married to one of the most amazing guys that I know."


This is how I would introduce her:

McCarten has the biggest heart of anyone I know. I remember when we were 18 years old we drove by a bad car accident and she told me that she wanted to say a quick prayer for the people involved. McCarten has friends wherever she goes. She will engage complete strangers in conversation that may reach deeper than they might have with their closest friends. She treats everyone like family.  She laughs at all my jokes then repeats them to the next person who walks up making them not funny anymore. She is completely genuine. You never have to guess what she is feeling. She makes you feel like a million bucks because she gives genuine compliments that you know come from her heart. She is kind and thoughtful and funny. I feel so honored to be her friend.


Their wedding was beautiful. I am so happy for her and Mark and their sweet little Harper. 


                                                          Isn't she stunning?!?

 I love you Cart!! Thank you for letting me share your special day with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment