We just had an amazing weekend. I got my Friday night shift at work covered but it fell through at the last minute. I walked in to work at 5:30 and my manager informed me that he took care of it and I had the night off!! We had a fun night playing outside with the kids then Trent and I got treats and watched "We Bought a Zoo." I wouldn't have guessed by the title or the cover that it was good, but we watched the trailer then ordered it and I'm so glad we did. It was such a great movie. I have loved Matt Damon since high school-I should've known he'd come through.
Usually on Saturdays Trent goes in to work to bill hours. This weekend he decided it would be okay if he didn't. We went to Kai's soccer game and he scored a goal!! That was really exciting for all of us! We hung out as a family during the day then had a babysitter come at 5 so Trent and I could attend the Cultural Celebration. Around 3,000 youth from our church performed song and dance for our Prophet, Thomas S. Monson celebrating the dedication of the temple. We had pretty good seats and it was just amazing to be so close to the Prophet. You could just feel the Spirit so strong. It was a really neat experience to see the Municipal Auditorium full of youth from the surrounding areas that all share the same standards. They did such an impressive job and there were some really moving performances that brought me to tears. Trent and I went out to eat at the Jazz afterward and ate some of our favorite Cajun food.
The next morning, Trent and I had the privilege of going inside the temple for the Kansas City temple dedication. Right when we walked up to the front stairs we saw the security guy pull the rope across and I was nervous that for some reason we wouldn't be able to go inside. We stood right in front of the rope and were just told that we needed to wait a few minutes. I had no clue that the reason why would be the Prophet had just arrived. He walked right past us into the temple smiling and waving at all of us. The dedication was absolutely amazing. We sat in the chapel facing the baptismal font. It was an experience that I will cherish and remember for the rest of my life. I don't feel that my words could adequately express all of my feelings and I think I will record most of it in my personal journal rather than here because it was such a precious experience for me.
I am on a complete spiritual high right now. I feel so blessed to know that I am a child of God, that he loves me and that I can return to live with Him again some day. I feel so blessed that my family has been sealed in the temple for time and all eternity. I feel so blessed to have a living Prophet on the Earth who receives revelation for us in these Latter-Days. I feel so blessed to have a temple- the Lord's house- right here in Kansas City. I look forward to attending often. I feel so blessed to be a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.
It was an amazing weekend! Thanks for sharing your thoughts and feelings. I was just thinking that the young women of our ward are so lucky to have you as their Personal Progress Adviser!
ReplyDelete