| Teach 'em while they're young I say! |
For a little while there at the end of summer I was pretty sure I was the worst mom EVER. I felt like it was impossible to keep the older ones entertained all day so any time they'd get bored they would pick on each other. That doesn't fly with me so of course I'd get all riled up and go bonkers. I had no idea such little tiny people could ignite such giant emotions in me.
What I've learned from this summer is that I need to take the advice I used to give as a tiny 8 year old to my own dear mother. "Take a chill pill!"
Yes, it's sad I have to remind myself to breathe and relax. When I was pregnant with my first child I was always told being a mother would just come natural to me. I was worried about it because I was the youngest in my family but I have to agree: It just came to me. I loved that little baby with all my heart and I felt like I was a great mom. Then she grew older and a couple others joined the mix and I wonder what happened to my mommy skills.
I'm a work in progress I guess, but there's one thing I know. I have the CHOICE to be a good mom. I have the CHOICE to have a good ATTITUDE. If I just decide "this is hard and I'm over it" then my day goes badly but if I decide "I am so blessed to help teach and take care of these wonderful children of God" then I feel more patient with them and it's a good day.
Oh, Lindz you are one of the best Mommies I have ever met. I love you, your great attitude and your humor!
ReplyDeleteI second McCarten, you really are one of the best mommies!!!
ReplyDelete